Who says going veg means you can’t have a little fun?! These super yummy & delicious cupcakes will fly off the table faster than you can blink. I like to let my non-veggie friends gobble them up & then tell them it’s a vegan recipe! Enjoy!
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 ½ cups almond milk
2 cups all-purpose flour (can substitute for whole wheat, or gluten free)
1 cup white sugar (substitute organic cane sugar or sucanat)
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt (can omit to make low sodium)
½ cup coconut oil, warmed until liquid (I use a stainless steel measuring cup over a burner on the stove)
1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 12 cup muffin pans or line with cupcake papers
2. Measure out the apple cider vinegar & almond milk together to allow the milk to curdle-takes approx. 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl whisk dry ingredients, then in separate bowl mix wet ingredients
4. Combine wet with dry ingredients
5. Stir/Mix well until there are no lumps
6. Fill cupcake papers
7. Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when touched or a toothpick runs clean. Approx. 15-20 mins.
8. Cool on a wire rack.
9. Frost with desired frosting.
Vegan Vanilla Frosting:
¾ cup powdered sugar
¾ cup margerine
⅛ cup vanilla almond milk
Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl. Use electric mixer & blend until creamy. The consistency of the frosting may vary, add more powdered sugar almond milk as needed.
From the Compassionate Cook Cookbook