These Cinnamon Apple Chips are the perfect mid-afternoon snack. Its just enough to keep the kids satisfied without filling them up for dinner.
The dehydrator I use is an older model Ronco 5 tray food dehydrator that we bought on Craigslist. I don’t have a manual for it so I don’t know all the specifics about the temperature but it seems to be right on point for all the recipes I’ve tried. For the Cinnamon Apple Chips, we prepared them around 10 pm and we were snacking on them by 10 am the next day. Everyone in the family gobbles these up so quickly that we rarely have any left to save. Cinnamon Apple Chips are a great guilt-free snack for the whole family!
3 Green Apples, sliced thinly
3 tbsp Agave
½ Lemon, juiced
Dash of Cinnamon, to taste
- Core apples & cut in half before slicing them into thin pieces (my sister calls them little rainbows).
- In a glass bowl, mix agave, lemon juice and cinnamon together.
- Stir in apple slices until evenly coated
- Arrange apple slices onto food dehydrator trays in a single layer. (I used 4 trays in my dehydrator).
- Allow to cook in the dehydrator for at least 8 hours or until desired texture is achieved.
- Serve & Enjoy!