Kale chips are a family favorite. I’ve played around with several recipes using the oven and food dehydrator but the recipe I’m about to share seems to be the crowd pleaser. This Kale Chip recipe has the perfect combination of salty & sweet which makes it a satisfying alternative to potato chips and a yummy snack!
2 bunches of Green Kale
¼ cup Oil (olive oil or coconut oil)
1 tsp Salt
½ Lemon, juiced
1 tbsp Agave
- Wash kale & shake excess water off leaves.
- Cut leaves off of stem then rip or cut leaves into 2” chunks. Save stems for juicing
- Place into a large mixing bowl and add oil, salt, and lemon juice. Massage kale for 3-4 minutes until all the leaves are coated.
- Add agave to the mixing bowl and massage for another 3-4 minutes. Kale should have reduced by about 50%.
- Arrange in food dehydrator and allow to cook for approximately 8-12 hours depending on your dehydrator.
- Once desired crispness has been achieved, serve & enjoy!
Tips: Store Kale Chips in an airtight container or tupperware. If they become soggy, you can put them back into the dehydrator.